At this time, the ABFM Foundation website is unavailable while redesign work is underway.
ABFM Foundation staff are currently working to improve the usability of the ABFM Foundation website to make it a useful resource for you and your colleagues.
If you need additional information regarding the ABFM Foundation or if you have any questions, you may email the ABFM Foundation at [email protected].
The purpose of the ABFM Foundation includes, but not limited to its controlling function to serve the American Board of Family Medicine, Inc., by participating in public policy evaluation, efforts and reform and in the research and/or funding of research in or related to:
- Any and all purposes for which ABFM has been formed and continues to serve
- Improving the quality of medical care available to the public
- Establishing and maintaining standards of excellence in the primary care specialties
- Improving the standards of medical education and training, including transformational graduate medical education in primary care
- Determining by evaluation the fitness of specialists in family medicine who apply for and maintain certificates with ABFM
- Participation in efforts for the improvement of medical care and the physician reporting of quality information and measures, including those programs and initiatives mandated by the United States Government and governed by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, or the similar agencies of the United States Government
- Quality improvement programs and modules for primary care physicians, including by not limited to the utilization of programs and modules in multispecialty disciplines
- The development of new and expanded computer architecture and programs for use in the primary care medical specialties